If you’re anything like me, you have the best intentions of planning your meals at the beginning of the week. You’ll have healthy options and not waste any food. Then the week starts. You don’t know what you’re going to have for dinner until you walk in the door after work. Luckily, this meal is super easy, quick, AND it’s pretty healthy!
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1¼ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
– 1 cup uncooked, pre-rinsed quinoa
– 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
– 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1½ cups frozen corn kernels
– ½ teaspoon cumin
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
– Chopped fresh cilantro
– Reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
– Fat-free plain Greek Yogurt
1. In large saucepan, heat the olive oil to medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant – about 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients (minus the cilantro and the toppings) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes. Stir in cilantro just before serving. Serve with toppings.
I added ground turkey to mine and it was extra yummy!
Click here to find another recipe for this dish.